NASDAQ

COMPASS Pathways plc

CMPS

5 stories

$1.6B Market cap · 2026-10-21

@kevin__mak 2 clicks

Kevin Mak on X

$CMPS Update on Compass Pathways (1) We're currently waiting for the company to complete its rolling NDA (New Drug Application) submission to the FDA, expected this quarter. The FDA has already started reviewing portions of the application. Reminder that Compass has been granted both rolling review and a Commissioner’s National Priority Voucher, which targets a review period of roughly 1–2 months once the complete application is filed. That timeline isn't guaranteed, but this is one of the fastest review processes available. It doesn't guarantee approval either, but it clearly shows that the FDA is prioritizing getting this drug reviewed. (2) The company presented at the STAT Summit, and the CEO said they will “go slow before we go fast.” My guess is that's being interpreted in a slightly negative way, suggesting that the initial drug launch won't necessarily get quick traction. As an investor in the company, my first reaction is that I don't want to hear that. I want to hear that revenues are going to explode out of the gate. But just because I want to hear something doesn't make it true. Taking a step back, Compass has taken a deliberate approach to developing this drug and preparing for launch. The CEO's point was that bad early experiences for patients or providers could set back both Compass and the broader industry. Getting those first experiences right matters. I think calibrating expectations and not being overly promotional is a smart choice. That could mean a more measured initial revenue ramp, and I'm fine with that if it sets them up for sustained adoption. At the same time, the company has been preparing to scale. Its strategic collaborations span more than 1,000 sites, including Neuronetics/Greenbrook and other established treatment networks. There is already substantial infrastructure to build on. I think this is the correct approach. (3) The company has now explicitly communicated expected annualized drug pricing of $50k–$65k per patient, based on an average of roughly three doses per year. That implies approximately $17k–$22k per dose, before clinic administration and monitoring costs. The final launch price hasn't been announced, but management has given us a much clearer pricing framework. In terms of M&A, which isn't part of my base case, my guess is the best window is after the label is set. At that point, a potential buyer will know much more clearly what they're buying and how it can be commercialized. From a positioning perspective, I think completing the NDA submission could bring new investors into the stock. It removes another layer of timeline uncertainty and puts an FDA decision much more directly in view. My guess is that matters to investors who have been watching but haven't wanted to get involved yet. My long-term outlook on the stock is unchanged. I think they get a good label, and I think concerns about the length of clinic visits are overblown. The market is massively underserved, and Spravato (which I believe COMP360 will offer a more attractive alternative to) is already selling at roughly a $2.5B annualized rate. My PT remains $45, and my full write-up is below. https://t.co/rVZOU3yIz6 Disclosure: Creek Drive and its affiliated funds holds a positions in CMPS. Views expressed are current opinions for information only, subject to change and are not investment advice or a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Investing involves the risk of loss and past performance is not indicative of future performance. See the disclosures link in my bio for more important information.
@kevin__mak

Kevin Mak on X

I think the main consideration with the CDER appointment/publication is that it narrows the gap about "Does COMP360 get approved?" Basically the situation gets de-risked by some %. I've seen some analysts suggest the probability of approval is around 75% (which I think is way too low), my estimate is in the 90%+ range. It would be extremely weird for the FDA/CDER (and White House) to give all of these "pro-psychedelics" signals to the public, and then turn around and immediately decline (or hamstring) the highest profile, most time-sensitive drug application. To be clear, this is not 100% chance of approval, because there are ALWAYS risks/weird things that can happen, but directionally, this moves in the right direction (and the recent stock price move partially reflects that). But my opinion, as I've said before, is we've got a long way to go before the market price truly reflects the opportunity for $CMPS.
@kevin__mak

Kevin Mak on X

$CMPS Lots to be excited about for the company and the space. Specifically there's been a lot of "thematic" interest in the psychedelics/psilocybin space in the last few weeks, and I expect that to continue. The most notable event recently is an article published in the New England Journal of Medicine: "FDA's New Framework for Psychedelic Drugs" (paywall) https://t.co/rdkgp5GsOG This was co-authored by Michael Davis (just named permanent director of CDER) and the FDA's top psychiatry and neuroscience reviewers. They're the group that ultimately approves/rejects COMP360 (and other psychedelic drugs). Aside from approve/reject, they will be helping negotiate/decide the "label" and essentially how permissive or strict the availability of these drugs/therapies are. The devil is in the details and hearing the FDA publicly state that they are aligned, i.e. "let's make sure these drugs get to market safely AND effectively" versus "this is weird/different, lets be extra cautious/slow with the roll out" is very important to both shareholders, and patients who could potentially be helped by these therapies. Another interesting article is here: WSJ: "Elon Musk's Inner Circle is Pouring Cash Into Making Psychedelics Mainstream" https://t.co/pfuE6JqBGD It is widely expected that COMP360 from $CMPS is going to be the first classic psychedelic (Psilocybin) drug to be approved and commercially available. Despite this being "priced in" by people who follow markets (or the industry) closely, I believe there's a good chance there's a positive public reaction to the headline when/if it comes out in the coming months. More importantly, I think we're at the very early innings of a treatment category that will be highly beneficial to a group of patients who historically have not had great treatment options. My full write on $CMPS is below, I have a $45 price target: https://t.co/rVZOU3yIz6 Disclosure: Creek Drive and its affiliated funds does hold a long position in CMPS. Views expressed are current opinions for informational educational only, subject to change and are not investment advice or a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Investing involves the risk of loss and past performance is not indicative of future performance. See the disclosures link in bio for more important information.

Tickers on this page

Companies the stories above are also about, besides CMPS.